Dates for the class: October 7, 8, 2023
Time: 7 hours first day – 9am-4pm. 5 hours on Sunday – 9am – 2pm.
Class begins promptly at 9AM, please arrive 20-30 minutes early to sign in and complete your registration & Informed Consent for the class.
BRING A LAPTOP OR TABLET – I provide a power point presentation and other links/articles which we will have available on a thumb drive
upon your arrival. You may want to follow along with the presentation.
16703 SE McGillivray Blvd.
Ste 175 McGillivray Place
Vancouver, WA. 98683
As you walk up to the main entrance, go 30 feet to the left – see glass door entrance that reads Northwest Health Specialties
Both days there will be lecture through lunch. We will call in an order and have someone pick it up and bring it to the clinic. Bring cash or a check so that one credit card will be used for the entire order. You will place your order before the class starts for the day. More information on this will follow.
ITEMS FOR SALE – INJECTABLES CAN BE HARD TO FIND
If you have any idea what you will want to take home, please pre-purchase through the web site at acupuncturecontinuinged.com to make sure I have what you want. I WILL DO MY BEST TO HAVE EXTRA ON HAND. I will do bulk orders – some items like Epinephrine or Sodium Bicarbonate, and Procaine, one can only order via bulk, so if I don’t get enough requests ahead of time, I will not order. All items I sell at my cost.
- Epinephrine vials – (2) 1cc vials for $50. I sell you a little packet with the syringe and needle so you can put this in the fridge at your office and not worry about it. Doing it this way saves you hundreds of dollars. It is a must if you inject local anesthetics – either procaine or lidocaine. Training in uses is required by WA DOH, but you are not required to have it in your office.
- Bags of 5% dextrose – both in 100cc and 250cc bags.
- Normal Saline (NaCl) – These come in a variety of sizes, 10ml, 50ml and 250ml
- Sodium Bicorbonate – to neutralize the pH. In 50cc vials.
- Procaine 3% – PRESERVATIVE FREE from Pencol Pharmacy in Denver. 10ml vials. If you purchase any, please bring ice bags and an insulated pouch for transportation.
- Helpers – Those nifty things that slip over a 5 or 10cc syringe to make it easier to inject and not fatigue your hands. Designed and made by yours truly.
I have reserved rooms close to the venue:
Best Western Premier Hotel at Fisher’s Landing
1500 SE 167 th Ave, Vancouver, WA. 98682
These single king rooms are $139.00/night. Breakfast is an additional $12.00 per person
You may want to consider Air BnB.
Please bring loose shorts and for women a spaghetti strap top so body areas can be exposed for easy exam and practice.
Make sure you are well hydrated and well nourished. You may bring snacks and your own water container. As with acupuncture, injection
therapy utilizes quite a bit of Qi so it’s important to take care of your needs.
I look forward to seeing each of you. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact me at 360-771-9402
Dr Susan Shultz.